Effectively Resolving Criminal Traffic Violations
Did you know that driving on a suspended license in New York is a crime? Did you know that a conviction on a felony traffic violation can lead to jail time, fines up to $5,000 and the confiscation of your vehicle?
As in all criminal matters, your best defense is an experienced criminal defense attorney. If you have been charged with DWI, driving on a suspended license or any other serious traffic violation in New York, please contact our law firm, James M. Wagman, Attorney at Law, for a free consultation.
Defending You Against A Range Of Offenses
Criminal traffic violations may include:
- Vehicular homicide
- Vehicular manslaughter
A number of situations can lead to suspension of your New York state driver’s license or your privilege to drive here in New York state, including:
- Your driver’s license or privilege may be revoked or suspended if you accumulate 11 points against your license within 18 months.
- If you get three speeding tickets within 18 months, your driver’s license will be revoked for at least six months, regardless of the points.
- Driving 1 to 10 mph over the limit = three points; 11 to 20 mph = four points; 21 to 30 mph = six points; 31 to 40 = eight points; 40-plus mph = 11 points.
- New driver probation
- If convicted of any two moving violations within your six-month new license probation period, your license will be suspended for 60 days.
- If convicted of any one serious violation (such as speeding, tailgating, reckless driving or racing) during your probation period, your license will be suspended for 60 days.
Providing Strong, Reliable Legal Representation For Nearly 35 Years
Are you facing DWI or other serious traffic violations in Greene County, Ulster County, Columbia County, Dutchess County or Albany County, New York? We are ready to defend you. Please contact me without delay for a free consultation with an experienced New York defense attorney. We welcome your call.